From: Brian Hurt <brian.hurt@qlogic.com>
To: Shivkumar Chandrasekaran <shiv@ece.ucsb.edu>
Cc: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Slow GC problem
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:51:28 -0500 (CDT)	[thread overview]

In playing around with the C interface code myself, I noticed that
alloc_custom (the function that IMHO bigarray should be using to allocate
it's blocks) has two arguments you pass in, which control how often the
blocks get garbage collected- used and max.  The gcc does a full gc every
used/max blocks allocated (more or less).

Perhaps the bigarray library should be extended to allow the user to set
these variables.  I'm wondering if different values here might not solve
Shivkumar's problem in a more elegant (read: nice) way?

Brian