* [Caml-list] Compile ocaml and tk
@ 2002-07-08 17:14 Vincent Barichard
From: Vincent Barichard @ 2002-07-08 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CAML-LIST

Hello,

I'm trying to compil the camltk418 library under a linux environment.
TCL/TK is installed under the repertory /usr/local/lib. When I do the
configure make ..., everything go well. But when I launch any binary from
the example directory, I have the following message :

Uncaught exception: Protocol.TkError("Can't find a usable init.tcl in the
following directories: \n    /usr/lib/tcl8.3
/home/info/toto/ocaml-3.04/camltk418/lib/tcl8.3
/home/info/toto/ocaml-3.04/lib/tcl8.3
/home/info/toto/ocaml-3.04/lib/tcl8.3/library
/home/info/toto/ocaml-3.04/library
/home/info/toto/ocaml-3.04/tcl8.3/library
/home/info/toto/tcl8.3/library /usr/lib/tcl8.3

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.\n")

How can I make the compiler looking at the right place i.e in
/usr/local/lib ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Vincent

Vincent Barichard
Métaheuristiques et Optimisation Combinatoire
Faculté des Sciences d'Angers
Tel : 02 41 73 52 06

* Re: [Caml-list] Compile ocaml and tk
@ 2002-07-11 23:30 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2002-07-11 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barichar; +Cc: caml-list

From: Vincent Barichard <barichar@info.univ-angers.fr>

> I'm trying to compil the camltk418 library under a linux environment.
> TCL/TK is installed under the repertory /usr/local/lib. When I do the
> configure make ..., everything go well. But when I launch any binary from
> the example directory, I have the following message :
>
> Uncaught exception: Protocol.TkError("Can't find a usable init.tcl in the
> following directories: \n    /usr/lib/tcl8.3  [...]
>
> How can I make the compiler looking at the right place i.e in
> /usr/local/lib ?

You can set the environment variables TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY to
their proper values.

      Jacques Garrigue

* Re: [Caml-list] Compile ocaml and tk
@ 2002-07-12  9:05   ` Vincent Barichard
From: Vincent Barichard @ 2002-07-12  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacques Garrigue; +Cc: caml-list

I have set the TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY environment variables to their
proper values, and it works well :o)

Thanks for your assistance.

Vincent