* [Caml-list] Web Demonstration of Type Error Slicing
@ 2002-11-25 12:25 Christian Haack
From: Christian Haack @ 2002-11-25 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ultra, DSG Login, church-announce, amast, caml-list,
	comp-lang-ml, compilers, eapls, haskell, types, unification

Previous methods have generally identified the location of a type
error as a particular program point or the program subtree rooted at
that point.  In the paper "Type Error Slicing in Implicitly Typed
Higher-Order Languages" by two of us (Haack and Wells), we present a
new approach that treats the location of a type error as a minimal set
of program points which are necessary for the type error and presents
this "location" as a slice of the program.  Connected to this paper,
we have implemented type error slicing for a subset of core Standard
ML.

We have prepared a web interface that allows you to experiment with
our implementation using just your web browser.  This interface is now
available at:

  http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/compositional-analysis/type-error-slicing/

--
Sebastien Carlier, Christian Haack, and Joe Wells
Members of the ULTRA group and the Church Project

* [Caml-list] Re: Web Demonstration of Type Error Slicing
@ 2002-11-25 15:22 ` Greg Michaelson
From: Greg Michaelson @ 2002-11-25 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Haack
  Cc: ultra, DSG Login, church-announce, amast, caml-list,
	comp-lang-ml, compilers, eapls, haskell, types, unification

Please tell me when it recognises [] as the empty list and :: as a list
constructor.

Thanks!

Greg

* [Caml-list] Re: Web Demonstration of Type Error Slicing
@ 2002-11-25 15:26 ` Greg Michaelson
From: Greg Michaelson @ 2002-11-25 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Haack
  Cc: ultra, DSG Login, church-announce, amast, caml-list,
	comp-lang-ml, compilers, eapls, haskell, types, unification

Please give some examples.

It doesn't like ; at the end but says EOF when ; is missed.

It doesn't show the examples when I select them.

Greg