* [Caml-list] Teaching OCaml
@ 2004-05-17 11:28 Simão Melo de Sousa
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Simão Melo de Sousa @ 2004-05-17 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, Simão Melo de Sousa

It looks like my previous post never reached the caml-list.
So, accept my apologies if you receive my post twice.

------

Hi!

There is, in the Computer Science department of my university, a
interesting discussion about the programming languages that we should
teach.  Because I defend that functional programming (Haskell,
etc... but Ocaml in particular) has to be teach among other
"classical" paradigms, I have to prepare a talk about the relevance of
the functional programming paradigm in general and OCaml in
particular.

I know that this kind of topic have been already discussed and that
there is a lot of available "material". Nevertheless, I'm interested in
   any suggestions, links to papers, slides, sites...

I'm particularly interested in two kind of informations:

1) material (list of facts, etc..) that describes the good features of
OCaml (in conceptual terms but also in pratical terms) from the point of
view of both the Academy and the Industry.
2) url of Caml based functional programming courses sites

Thanks a lot!
Simao Melo de Sousa
ps: Use my email for answers, I will reply to the list with a digest of
them.

Simão Melo de Sousa            | Professor Auxiliar
* -> ., # -> @ => email Simão -> desousa#di*ubi*pt
Departamento de Informática    | http://www.di.ubi.pt/~desousa
Universidade da Beira Interior | Tel: +351 275 319 891
Rua Marquês d'Ávila e Bolama   | Fax: +351 275 319 732
6200-001 Covilhã, PORTUGAL.