* disagreement over interface
@ 2005-02-22 17:20 Hal Daume III
From: Hal Daume III @ 2005-02-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Say I have foo.ml and I

  ocamlc -c foo.ml

to produce foo.cmo.

Then in the ocaml toplevel, I do:

  #load "foo.cmo";;

to load the bytecode.  Now, I make changes to foo.ml and recompile it:

  ocamlc -c foo.ml

If I then go to reload it, I get:

  #load "foo.cmo";;
  The files foo.cmo
  and foo.cmo
  disagree over interface Foo

The only way I have found to remedy this is to quit my current top level,
rerun and then load foo.cmo from there, but this is a major pain.  I
assume I'm just missing something stupid.  Can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks!

 - Hal

--
 Hal Daume III                                   | hdaume@isi.edu
 "Arrest this man, he talks in maths."           | www.isi.edu/~hdaume

* Re: [Caml-list] disagreement over interface
@ 2005-02-22 19:11 ` Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2005-02-22 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Hal Daume III wrote:

[...]
> The only way I have found to remedy this is to quit my current top level,
> rerun and then load foo.cmo from there, but this is a major pain.  I
> assume I'm just missing something stupid.  Can someone tell me what to do?

You should use ledit:
$ alias oc='ledit -x -h ~/.ocaml_history ocaml'
$ oc
        Objective Caml version 3.08.2

#

Also, OCamlMakefile has a "top" target which is convenient for this
kind of things.

Martin

--
Martin Jambon, PhD
Researcher in Structural Bioinformatics since the 20th Century