* Announce: HashSet
@ 2006-03-07 17:37 Mario Pernici
From: Mario Pernici @ 2006-03-07 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,
It is my pleasure to announce the release of HashSet,
a hashed set library for Objective Caml.

Buckets are ordered and the first element of a bucket is kept in a
separate array, with occupation controlled by a bitvector.

Version 0.1 is available at
http://wwwteor.mi.infn.it/~pernici/ocaml/ocaml.html
It is released under LGPL.

In tests on my desktop I find that, compared to Hashset in
http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/software.en.html
HashSet is usually 2x faster or more
for large sets (n >= 100000) of integers and floats,
and roughly equivalent in other cases.

In the examples directory there is the nth.ml example with HashSet,
which for the case of 100-nth neighbours for amorphous silicon
is on my desktop more than 2x faster than the one in
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/complete/
which uses Set.
There are a few other examples which I found in the ocaml mailing lists.

  Mario

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-03-07 17:37 UTC | newest]