From: Vitaly Lugovsky <vsl@ontil.ihep.su>
To: Erik Arneson <erik@aarg.net>
Cc: Alex Baretta <alex@baretta.com>, Ocaml <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Ocamlodbc
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:11:37 +0300 (MSK)	[thread overview]

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Erik Arneson wrote:

> > Also, does anyone know if there is a "native" client library for
> > Oracle ? la libpq de PostgreSQL?
>
> Search the Caml Humps for the OCaml OCI library.  There is one
> out there.  I have used it with success.  Here's the URL:
>
>                    <http://oci8ml.sourceforge.net/>

 And, btw., there are also some instructions on torturing a
minimal oracle client installation (down to 8mb) to use libclntsh
only. I used this technique (I don't know, and don't want to
know, how legal it is) even on a *very* thin clients.

 Hm... May be, there'll be someone bold enough to
reverse-engeneer OCI protocol from that thin jdbc drivers, and
we'll have an open-source scalable (down to embedded...) client
libs...