* [Caml-list] CamlP4 bug, 3.08.0
@ 2004-07-21 10:02 Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2004-07-21 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

 Changes in the Lexing.loc definition renders the CamlP4 wide
usage of Stream.count obsolete. But: there is no standard way to
convert int -> loc, and it would be quite a pain to convert all
the files currently using Stream.count. Is there anybody working
on this problem already?

* Re: [Caml-list] CamlP4 bug, 3.08.0
@ 2004-07-26 16:01 ` Cuihtlauac ALVARADO
From: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO @ 2004-07-26 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaly Lugovsky; +Cc: caml-list

We have such code in Otags (we needed linenumbers and co in the tags
files), I'm working on a port for ocaml 3.08.0 I'll try to make this
library stand alone.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:02:42PM +0400, Vitaly Lugovsky wrote:

>  Changes in the Lexing.loc definition renders the CamlP4 wide
> usage of Stream.count obsolete. But: there is no standard way to
> convert int -> loc, and it would be quite a pain to convert all
> the files currently using Stream.count. Is there anybody working
> on this problem already?

Cuihtlauac ALVARADO - France Telecom - R&D - +33296053273
2, av Pierre Marzin - 22307 Lannion - France

* Re: [Caml-list] CamlP4 bug, 3.08.0
@ 2004-07-26 16:19   ` Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2004-07-26 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Cuihtlauac ALVARADO wrote:

> We have such code in Otags (we needed linenumbers and co in
> the tags
> files), I'm working on a port for ocaml 3.08.0 I'll try to
> make this
> library stand alone.

 Can I see this code ASAP? I'm a maintainer of a set of the OCaml
packages in the ALT Linux distribution, and this changes blocked
some of the very urgent packages (e.g. Coq 8.0)...

* Re: [Caml-list] CamlP4 bug, 3.08.0
@ 2004-07-26 16:41     ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2004-07-26 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaly Lugovsky; +Cc: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO, caml-list

>  Can I see this code ASAP? I'm a maintainer of a set of the OCaml
> packages in the ALT Linux distribution, and this changes blocked
> some of the very urgent packages (e.g. Coq 8.0)...

I've heard through the grapevine that the development version of Coq
has already been adapted to work with OCaml 3.08 and the new Camp4
locations.  Maybe it's easier to ask the Coq developers for a set of
patches, or extract them through the Coq anonymous CVS.

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: [Caml-list] CamlP4 bug, 3.08.0
@ 2004-07-27  3:39       ` Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2004-07-27  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Leroy; +Cc: Cuihtlauac ALVARADO, caml-list

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Xavier Leroy wrote:

> I've heard through the grapevine that the development version
> of Coq
> has already been adapted to work with OCaml 3.08 and the new
> Camp4
> locations.  Maybe it's easier to ask the Coq developers for a
> set of
> patches, or extract them through the Coq anonymous CVS.

 Ok. Thank you, I will try it. But the problem with the
completely unusable code generated by the default CamlP4
installation will remain?