* A bunch of ocaml programs
@ 2006-01-13 15:30 Philippe Narbel
From: Philippe Narbel @ 2006-01-13 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

just to announce that i made available large samples
of the programs that appear in my text about ocaml:

http://dept-info.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~narbel/PFGO/index_sources.html

feel free to experiment and to make comments.

pn

* Re: [Caml-list] A bunch of ocaml programs
@ 2006-01-13 16:34 ` Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2006-01-13 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Philippe Narbel a écrit :

> just to announce that i made available large samples
> of the programs that appear in my text about ocaml:
>
> http://dept-info.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~narbel/PFGO/index_sources.html
>
> feel free to experiment and to make comments.
>
> pn

This was just to publicly thanks you for your book, wich I'm just
reading with great interest.

Salutations

Matthieu Dubuget

* Re: [Caml-list] A bunch of ocaml programs
@ 2006-01-14 10:58 ` Florent Monnier
From: Florent Monnier @ 2006-01-14 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Philippe Narbel

> just to announce that i made available large samples
> of the programs that appear in my text about ocaml:
>
> http://dept-info.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~narbel/PFGO/index_sources.html
>
> feel free to experiment and to make comments.

As Matthieu Dubuget, I would like to thank you too for your book.
I find it of great quality, and all is explained with a huge clarity!

What I appriciate in particular is that one doesn't need to have
pre-requisites knowledge to understand it, unlike the official manual which
requisites that the reader is a programer yet to understand some parts.

Just a detail, I have noticed that on page 238 you make reference to the
chapter 12 to develop the subject about C, but there is no chapter 12.
Did you projected to write this chapter but finally you did not?
But perhaps it's a vast subject so it will be developed in your next book? :)

--
Best Regards
Florent Monnier