* include in rec module definition
@ 2007-09-24 10:05 Pietro Abate
From: Pietro Abate @ 2007-09-24 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml ml

Hi all,
the following piece of code works as expected, but if I specify module
B1 as module rec B1 : sig ... end I get "Unbound type constructor s"

module type A1 = sig
    type t
end

module B1 : sig
    type s = int
    include A1 with type t = s
end = struct
    type s = int
    type t = int
end

The problem is even more evident here:

module type A = sig
    type t
end

module rec B : sig
    type s = C.t
    include A with type t = s
end = struct
    type s = { c : int }
    type t = { c : int }
end
and C : sig
    type t = { c : int }
end = struct
    type t = { c : int }
end

This was a bug in Ocaml 3.07. Is this supposed to work in Ocaml 3.10 ?
I was unable to find a reference in the bug tracking system.

pietro
--
++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++

* Re: [Caml-list] include in rec module definition
@ 2007-09-24 11:09 ` Julien Signoles
From: Julien Signoles @ 2007-09-24 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro Abate; +Cc: ocaml ml

Hello,

> the following piece of code works as expected, but if I specify module
> B1 as module rec B1 : sig ... end I get "Unbound type constructor s"
>
> module type A1 = sig
>    type t
> end
>
> module B1 : sig
>    type s = int
>    include A1 with type t = s
> end = struct
>    type s = int
>    type t = int
> end
>
> This was a bug in Ocaml 3.07. Is this supposed to work in Ocaml 3.10 ?
> I was unable to find a reference in the bug tracking system.

The following BTS's entry seems to indicate that this is still a bug in
ocaml 3.10:

 	http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4353

Cheers,
Julien
--
mailto:Julien.Signoles@lri.fr ; http://www.lri.fr/~signoles
"In theory, practice and theory are the same,