* Released Mikmatch 1.0.0 and Micmatch 1.0.0
@ 2008-07-26 23:03 Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2008-07-26 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

I am pleased to announce the availability of Micmatch for the new Camlp4.
The new package is called "Mikmatch", with a K. "Micmatch" with a C refers
to the original implementation which now uses Camlp5.

     http://martin.jambon.free.fr/micmatch.html

or  GODI if you want to jump directly to the installation.

Micmatch is a Camlp4 syntax extension that allows to use regexps in
match-with constructs. Compilation of the underlying PCRE or Str regexp is
done transparently, just once. The syntax of the regexps is reminiscent of
ocamllex. For those who are not familiar with ocamllex, this syntax is
very OCaml-friendly and in particular avoids backslash headaches.

This is a double announcement:

micmatch-1.0.0 (stable except for possibly some packaging issues):
   Legacy implementation, slightly modified to work with
   Camlp5 (thanks to John Gregorski for the patch).

mikmatch-1.0.0 (beta quality):
   Partial reimplementation that supports Camlp4 3.10 aka the
   "new Camlp4". Currently there is no toplevel support.
   For details on the changes, see
   http://martin.jambon.free.fr/mikmatch-changes.txt

Have fun, program safely, and please report problems to

   micmatch@googlegroups.com
   (archive at http://groups.google.com/group/micmatch )

Thanks to the OCamlForge team for providing free and worry-free hosting.

Martin

--
http://mjambon.com/
Join http://ocamlhackers.ning.com/

* Re: [Caml-list] Released Mikmatch 1.0.0 and Micmatch 1.0.0
@ 2008-07-28  6:34 ` SerP
From: SerP @ 2008-07-28  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jambon; +Cc: caml-list

Martin Jambon wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of Micmatch for the new Camlp4.
> The new package is called "Mikmatch", with a K. "Micmatch" with a C
> refers to the original implementation which now uses Camlp5.
Are you planning to return the support of revised syntax?

* Re: [Caml-list] Released Mikmatch 1.0.0 and Micmatch 1.0.0
@ 2008-07-28 16:30   ` Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2008-07-28 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SerP; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, SerP wrote:

> Martin Jambon wrote:
>>  Hi list,
>>
>>  I am pleased to announce the availability of Micmatch for the new Camlp4.
>>  The new package is called "Mikmatch", with a K. "Micmatch" with a C refers
>>  to the original implementation which now uses Camlp5.
> Are you planning to return the support of revised syntax?

Maybe, maybe not. I will depend on my mood.

Martin