* Partial Evaluation
@ 2000-01-28 15:02 Stéphane Baubillier
From: Stéphane Baubillier @ 2000-01-28 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did someone hear about Partial Evaluation ?
(http://www.diku.dk/research-groups/topps/activities/PartialEvaluation.html)

It seems to be an optimization technique using functions partial evaluation.

* Re: Partial Evaluation
@ 2000-02-02 17:53 ` Walid Taha
From: Walid Taha @ 2000-02-02 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, [Windows-1252] Stéphane Baubillier wrote:

> Did someone hear about Partial Evaluation ?
> (http://www.diku.dk/research-groups/topps/activities/PartialEvaluation.html)
>
> It seems to be an optimization technique using functions partial evaluation.

I have certainly heard about partial evaluation, and the link you have
found here is a good starting point.  I do recommend the first book listed
on that page, and would also like to emphasise that there has been a
long standing symposium/workship on partial evaluation, called PEPM.

If you would be more specific about which aspects of partial evaluation
you are interested in, I maybe able to help.

Walid.

* Re: Partial Evaluation
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.21.0001281757430.31486-100000@punaluu.informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
@ 2000-01-31 10:19 ` Stéphane Baubillier
From: Stéphane Baubillier @ 2000-01-31 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >Did someone hear about Partial Evaluation ?
>
>(http://www.diku.dk/research-groups/topps/activities/PartialEvaluation.html
)

> >It seems to be an optimization technique using functions partial
evaluation.

> well yes. But why do you ask?

My question is what are the aims and the ends of this ?
Are there some results of informations about it ?

Thanks.

PS : I heard about Partial Evaluation on a very good site :
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/mleone/web/language-research.html