* [Caml-list] backslashes in ocamllex
@ 2003-10-06  1:37 Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla
From: Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla @ 2003-10-06  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Now I'm stuck again.  I'm revising the lexical analyzer for my compiler
to enable it to recognize escaped strings, with conventions different
from OCaml's.  Currently, I'm using this regex:

in an attempt to recognize strings that begin and end with single
quotes, but may possibly include sequences like \' that represent
escaped quotes, and '\\' that represent escaped backslashes.  Of course,
this doesn't work, as I lately realized, because this string:

'\\' '\\'

looks like I'm escaping the second quote, so I wind up with an empty
token.  Any hints on how I'd go about doing this sort of thing?