* Re: O'Caml next release
       [not found] <199702181505.QAA25918@pauillac.inria.fr>
@ 1997-02-18 17:45 ` Jerome Vouillon
From: Jerome Vouillon @ 1997-02-18 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Christoph; +Cc: caml-light

>   In the next release of Objective Caml, will there be changes for objects
> along the lines discussed on the list (more flexible initialization,
> Smalltalk-like method invocation)?

No, there won't be any change for objects before a few months. I have
not yet started implementing any new stuff.

- Jerome Vouillon

@ 1997-02-18 16:23 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 1997-02-18 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christo; +Cc: caml-light

>   In the next release of Objective Caml, will there be changes for objects
> along the lines discussed on the list (more flexible initialization,
> Smalltalk-like method invocation)?  Roughly when will the next release become
> available?

I'll let others answer the questions about the object stuff. As for
the next release, I'm planning one at the end of the month or perhaps
in early March. The main visible novelty will be the replay debugger,
which was finally ported from Caml Light, plus an SGI port and a
bunch of small fixes.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy

* O'Caml next release
@ 1997-02-17  0:50 Frank Christoph
From: Frank Christoph @ 1997-02-17  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

--
Frank Christoph                 Next Solution Co.      Tel: 0424-98-1811
christo@nextsolution.co.jp                             Fax: 0424-98-1500