Dear all, I am currently investigating a proprietary application server with an embedded functional language. The current implementation of the language misses several features and one particular interesting path for further development would be to compile it to OCaml. There is, however, the caveat of embedding the generated code in the application server. Right now, (compiled) programs are called directly from the core (effectively just C-functions) and call a certain API on the core (again, C-functions). This is possible in OCaml, too, but the default runtime is not thread-safe. If multiple such calls are made concurrently, I expect immediate havoc. Is there any project that provides a re-entrant runtime? In particular, I would be interested in a version of libasmrun (and the corresponding compiler) that does not rely on static variables. Instead, the required data could be passed as an argument to each function. Is there any such backend currently under development? How are the chances of mainlining? regards, Christoph -- Christoph Höger Technische Universität Berlin Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890 E-Mail: christoph.hoeger@tu-berlin.de