* OCaml Project in Google Summer of Code
@ 2007-03-15 16:43 Yoriyuki Yamagata
From: Yoriyuki Yamagata @ 2007-03-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

The FreeSoftware Initiative Japan(http://www.fsij.org/) is looking for
participants of Google Summer of Code(http://code.google.com/soc).
Proposed ideas (https://members.fsij.org/trac/soc2007/wiki/Ideas)
include OCaml related projects.
We also accept proposals not directly related to proposed ideas.  If
your project is selected, you are paid 4500$ from Google.

Please read carefully http://code.google.com/soc/tos.html and
https://members.fsij.org/trac/soc2007/wiki/Ideas before submitting
your proposal.  Feel free to ask me if you have a question.

OCaml projects are

*Improve OCaml internationalization

There is no specific requirement. The idea includes

    - Create a syntax extension which handle Unicode strings and
locale-sensitive messages. Create a Unicode-based, locale-sensitive
alternative of the standard library.
    - Create a binding of ICU. Binding must not be bare-bone wrapping.
It must be well integrated to OCaml and its programming customs.

We accept other ideas as well.

* Create Ajax development tool for OCaml

Enable seamless Web development by generating JavaScript from OCaml
and integrating it to Web framework.

* Improve Eclipse plugin of OCaml

There is no specific requirement. Please propose suitable improvements.

Also we have a project about automatic source code verifiers.

*Automatic program verifier

Develop an automatic program verifier with the following features.

    - Accept any programs in popular programing languages such as
C/Java/Ruby and so on.
    - Produce correct answers for programs in a practical subset of
the language.
    - Produce approximate answers for all programs in the language.
    - Performance is not a goal. It suffices to demonstrate its
capability to small code fragments. However, it must have modular
design to future improvement.

--
yoriyuki

* Re: OCaml Project in Google Summer of Code
@ 2007-03-20 12:19 ` Yoriyuki Yamagata
From: Yoriyuki Yamagata @ 2007-03-20 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

2007/3/16, Yoriyuki Yamagata <yoriyuki.y@gmail.com>:
> The FreeSoftware Initiative Japan(http://www.fsij.org/) is looking for
> participants of Google Summer of Code(http://code.google.com/soc).
> Proposed ideas (https://members.fsij.org/trac/soc2007/wiki/Ideas)
> include OCaml related projects.
> We also accept proposals not directly related to proposed ideas.  If
> your project is selected, you are paid 4500$ from Google.

By the way, the submission deadline is March 24.  So be harry.
Submission uses a web interface.
http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-applicants