* [Caml-list] Building the compilers
@ 2005-05-28  3:09 Jonathan Roewen
From: Jonathan Roewen @ 2005-05-28  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm working on building an ocaml environment free of Unix/POSIX
idioms, which requires hacking a number of parts of the OCaml standard
library (Pervasives, Printf, etc).

I haven't tried to build anything yet, and am wondering if anyone
could provide some tips on building this custom ocaml environment
(native compiler, etc).

I want to use the system installed ocaml tools to build the custom
one, so I think the issue comes down to how to modify the Makefile
correctly.

All help/suggestions most welcome =)

Jonathan

* Re: [Caml-list] Building the compilers
@ 2005-05-28  6:30 ` Jonathan Roewen
From: Jonathan Roewen @ 2005-05-28  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on building an ocaml environment free of Unix/POSIX
> idioms, which requires hacking a number of parts of the OCaml standard
> library (Pervasives, Printf, etc).

Another question, which might result in a simpler approach. How does
the standard library work with the compilers? For example, is it
possible to replace just the binary and interface files of the
standard library with new ones?

Jonathan