* [Caml-list] ocamlopt, and generated ASM
@ 2005-07-26 22:41 Jonathan Roewen
From: Jonathan Roewen @ 2005-07-26 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm having some esoteric problems with my operating system project,
and it randomly halting (i.e.: the hlt instruction issued with
interrupts off). I've tried grepping the ocaml sources, but to no
avail.

Could someone who has some in-depth knowledge of the code gneretor for
ocamlopt explain where these hlt instructions come from, and more
importantly, where abouts they are generated?

Perhaps ocaml 3.08.2 has some interesting bugs I'm not aware of?

Jonathan