* [Caml-list] Linking confusion...
@ 2005-12-25 23:45 Jonathan Roewen
From: Jonathan Roewen @ 2005-12-25 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I'm looking at dynlinks makefile, which specifies a nice small list of
16 dependencies on .cmo files from compiler environment
(typing/utils/etc). Now my confusion comes on how it can link it
properly when symtable.cmo depends on other .cmos, which depend on yet
others (mainly through dependency on emitcode.cmo).

Now my question is: how can the dynlink library not only compile, but
also link if these dependencies aren't present? Does the bytecode
linker do dead code elimination to avoid dependencies on
modules/module functions not used?

And one smaller, off topic question: if these modules are in my kernel
environment (so I can use dynlink module), and say I dynlink
toplevellib.cma so I can use it at runtime, will it try to use the
already linked in modules in my kernel?

Jonathan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-25 23:45 UTC | newest]