On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Xavier Leroy wrote: > > Concerning the iPhone, it is not supported out of the box by 3.11 nor > by the CVS trunk code. For 3.11, several patches have been mentioned > on this list; it would be great if someone with iPhone development > experience could combine them and publish a unified patch. Feel free to attach any such patch to the bug in mantis: http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4782 > For the CVS trunk code, it seems we are getting close: as far as I > could see, MacOSX/ARM uses EABI plus Apple's "signature" approach to > dynamic linking. However, I haven't yet succeeded in running Apple's > iPhone SDK compilers from the command-line. (It looks like one of > those Microsoft SDK's that assume everyone is developing from the > vendor-supplied IDE...) Again, I welcome feedback and patches from > iPhone development experts. I'm attaching (here and at the bug) a script I use to configure and build an e-mail library for both the iPhone simulator (x86) and the iPhone itself (arm). There's some extraneous junk in there but you should get the idea. The important flags are '-arch armv6' and '-isysroot /path/to/sdk'. It might also be worth mentioning that Apple prohibits the use of dynamic libraries in iPhone apps (for now at least) and most iPhone projects are built in Thumb mode by default. Cheers, -n8