On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, Viet Le wrote: > What is PL? I would appreciate more descriptive language. programming language, as in POPL. julia > > I can see that Janestreet claim huge benefits from GADTs (check their blog). > > I also came across a blog about writing GraphQL server using OCaml & GADT. > Worth checking out. > > String/print formatting used to rely on unsafe Obj.magic. For a few years > OCaml string/print formatting is using GADT that provide compile time > safety. Lookup format6, and OCaml GADT for string/print formatting. That’s > the most real-world usage. > > Viet > > On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 at 04:44, Chet Murthy wrote: > I'm curious: is there any real-world use of GADTs, other than in > PL itself?  I mean, writing interpreters, compilers, and such?  > Any non-PL use? > > Again, not trying to start a flame-war -- just *curious*. > > -- > Kind regards, > Viet > > -- Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs