From: malc <av1474@comtv.ru>
To: Yoriyuki Yamagata <yoriyuki.y@gmail.com>
Cc: Caml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ucorelib 0.1.0
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 15:19:57 +0400 (MSK)	[thread overview]

On Sat, 10 May 2014, Yoriyuki Yamagata wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of ucorelib, a new Unicode library for
> OCaml.  ucorelib provides Unicode character type, Unicode text type
> (internally ropes), and decoder/encoder of UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32.
>
> Main page: https://github.com/yoriyuki/ucorelib
> Release page: https://github.com/yoriyuki/ucorelib/releases/tag/v0.1.0
>
> ucorelib provides
>
> 1. An abstract data type for Unicode character.  This prevents you to
> create illegal Unicode characters, so it is safer than just using integers
> of Unicode characters.
>
> 2. An abstract text data type, internally implemented as ropes.  All
> interface to Text module are purely functional.
>
> 3. Code converter from/to UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32
>
> By the way, I am looking for someone who can collaborate with me.
>  Specifically, I am looking for
>
> 1. OCaml build system guru
> 2. OCaml syntax extension guru, to propose a syntax extension for Unicode.
> 3. XML guru, to make a parser for LDML, Locale Data Markup Language.

Not a guru by any stretch but i do have a translation of Tor Anderssons'
XML parser into OCaml, if nothing else it's small and can be easily
embedded into any any code base, main/only benefit is that is small (it
lacks everything else).

http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git/blob/HEAD:/parser.ml

--
mailto:av1474@comtv.ru