* [Caml-list] [Vardi-list] The Mathematics of Quantum Computation - The 4th Advanced School in Computer Science and Engineering
@ 2019-08-01 18:29 Moshe Vardi
From: Moshe Vardi @ 2019-08-01 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Moshe Vardi

Event date: December 15 - December 19, 2019

Organizers:
Dorit Aharonov (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Zvika Brakerski (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Or Sattath (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
Amnon Ta-Shma (Tel Aviv university)

On 15-19 December 2019, we will be organizing a math-oriented quantum
computation school in the IIAS at the Hebrew university. No prior
knowledge on quantum will be assumed.  The school will introduce TCS and
math students and faculty, who are interested in the more mathematical
side of the area, to the beautiful and fascinating mathematical open
questions in quantum computation, starting from scratch. We hope to reach
a point where participants gain initial tools and basic perspective to
start working in this area.

To achieve this, we will have several mini-courses, each of two or three
hours, about central topics in the area.  These will include quantum
algorithms, quantum error correction, quantum supremacy, delegation and
verification, interactive proofs, cryptography, and Hamiltonian
complexity. We will emphasize concepts, open questions, and links to
mathematics. We will have daily TA sessions with hands-on exercises, to
allow for a serious process of learning.

There will be two rounds of registration. The first deadline is 23rd of
August. If there is room, there will be another deadline sometime in
October; please follow this page for further announcements.

Hope to see you this coming December!

Main Speakers:*

Sergey Bravyi, IBM
Matthias Christandl, University of Copenhagen
Sandy Irani, University of California, Irvine
Avishay Tal, University of California, Berkeley
Thomas Vidick, California Institute of Technology

Additional lectures will be given by:
Dorit Aharonov, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Zvika Brakerski, Weizmann Institute of Science
Or Sattath, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-08-01 18:48 UTC | newest]