Thanks Dave. Actually, the files are not large, these are output text files from another program, and I can't imagine a situation where the byte size can exceed a 32 bit integer. Best, Orlin On 10/23/07, Dave Benjamin wrote: > > Orlin Grigorov wrote: > > Using "Unix.stat" works perfectly for my purpose! On both platforms, > > hurray! THANK YOU! > > You may wish to consider "Unix.LargeFile.stat" if there is the > possibility that some of these files may be large, since st_size > contains the file size in bytes. Unix.st_size is an int, whereas > Unix.LargeFile.st_size is an int64. > > Dave >