From: dmitry grebeniuk <gdsfh1@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] overbld -- OCaml / MinGW / Win32
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:54:02 +0300	[thread overview]

I make a "group reply" to avoid unnecessary flood.

Mykola,
the problem with google code is not with VCS but with license.
google code's documentation states:
"... we think that license proliferation is bad for the open source
community, so we only allow a subset of licenses to be used
on Google Code as a way of discouraging license proliferation.
License proliferation means the creation and use of new OSS
licenses that have no reason for existing. There are over 200
open source approved licenses, most of which are variants
of existing licenses that do not add much value."
My project has more complex license, because it includes
many "packages" (copies of original sources), each with
its own license.  I don't want to make attempts to convince
google code's guys that my license should be accepted.

Seo,
sourceforge is a great idea -- they give mercurial hosting,
they require the software to be "open source" only, and they
have pretty nice internet connection.  So, I had no choice :)

project home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/overbld/

read-only mercurial repository:
http://overbld.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/overbld/overbld

I will grant read-write access to everyone who wants
to contribute (you will need sourceforge account
for this).

Christophe,
registering project on forge.ocamlcore.org is a good idea,
but I don't want to use two trackers, two mail-lists,
two "homepages" instead of one centralized site,
so I don't know whether it will be acceptable to use
forge.ocamlcore.org's project _only_ as a redirection
to sourceforge.