* Re: extlib on OCamlCore.org (was: [Caml-list] forge.OCamlCore.org is now ready to serve the OCaml community)
@ 2008-04-20  0:08 Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2008-04-20  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Teller; +Cc: caml-list

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:39 PM, David Teller
<David.Teller@univ-orleans.fr> wrote:
> Just registered "Batteries Included". As a first step, I'm planning to
>  upload ExtLib and start updating it & completing it based on requests.
>
>  Cheers,
>   David

Is this being carried out in conjunction with the official ExtLib
development at http://code.google.com/p/ocaml-extlib/ ?

Are you planning on adding camlp4 extensions as well as library code?
It would be nice to have a moderately sized bundle of libraries and
useful syntax extensions as a sort of standard.

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty
Graduate Research Assistant

* Re: extlib on OCamlCore.org (was: [Caml-list] forge.OCamlCore.org is now ready to serve the OCaml community)
@ 2008-04-20  2:42 ` Peng Zang
From: Peng Zang @ 2008-04-20  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Hezekiah M. Carty, David Teller, caml-list

* Re: extlib on OCamlCore.org (was: [Caml-list] forge.OCamlCore.org is now ready to serve the OCaml community)
@ 2008-04-20 12:15   ` David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2008-04-20 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peng.zang; +Cc: caml-list, Hezekiah M. Carty, caml-list

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 22:42 -0400, Peng Zang wrote:
> > Is this being carried out in conjunction with the official ExtLib
> > development at http://code.google.com/p/ocaml-extlib/ ?

Not yet. While most of the code will be shared, some packages will need
to be renamed, etc.

> > Are you planning on adding camlp4 extensions as well as library code?
> > It would be nice to have a moderately sized bundle of libraries and
> > useful syntax extensions as a sort of standard.
> >
> > Hez
>
> I second that.  I find some of the extensions in p4ck to be very helpful.  Eg.
> the hashtbl extension, open_in, etc..

That's planned. The exact list of syntax extensions will need to be
discussed. I believe noone will contest including open_in .

> Peng

Cheers,
 David
--
David Teller
 Security of Distributed Systems

* Re: extlib on OCamlCore.org (was: [Caml-list] forge.OCamlCore.org is now ready to serve the OCaml community)
@ 2008-04-21 14:30     ` Berke Durak
From: Berke Durak @ 2008-04-21 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Teller; +Cc: Caml List