From: Dave Lewis <ocamljob20091123@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: compiling OCaml program for supercomputer running SGI Propack 6?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:28:19 -0600	[thread overview]

[Apologies for duplication across mailing lists.]

Hi - I'd like to run this OCaml program:

       http://www.cs.utah.edu/~hal/megam/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Ehal/megam/&usg=AFQjCNHB7epkdYpt-s4xTcYEn08rjFVv9g>

on the 3TB memory supercomputer described here

http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/UserInfo/Resources/Hardware/SGIAltix/Tec...<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/UserInfo/Resources/Hardware/SGIAltix/TechSummary/&usg=AFQjCNE-j5ESYpWkNcp516iaiCwl6qXtnw>

It appears that the OS, SGI ProPack 6

       http://www.sgi.com/products/software/linux/propack.html<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.sgi.com/products/software/linux/propack.html&usg=AFQjCNFiosQdkaP9Ufb5oFbjIOEto94QMg>

is a version of Linux, but the 64-bit Linux compilation we produced
using the OCaml 3.10 compiler gives this error message:

       Exec format error. Binary file not executable.

I'm not sure where to go from here.   The compilers available for the
machine are listed as:

       Intel 10.1: Fortran77/90/95 C C++
       GNU: Fortran77 C C++

so if there were an OCaml to Fortran, C, or C++ translator we might be
able to go that route.  Anybody know of one?  On the other hand, I
know there's been some use of OCaml in scientific computing, so maybe
someone has a better idea?
Regards, Dave
www.DavidDLewis.com