* [Caml-list] Postdoc positions on Formal Verification for Zero-Trust IoT Systems in Kyoto University and National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
@ 2022-01-14 13:04 Taro Sekiyama
From: Taro Sekiyama @ 2022-01-14 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

[Please distribute, apologies for multiple postings.]

Dear All,

We are seeking a few postdoc researchers, who works for a project
“Zero-Trust IoT Systems by Collaboration of Formal Verification and
System Software” by Japan Science and Technology Agency.

We'd be grateful if you could spread the word to interested candidates.

* Project Description

The project aims at the construction of formally verified secure IoT
systems that follow the concept of “zero trust architecture”, dubbed
ZT-IoT systems. It consists of four research teams and two teams, led by
Atsushi Igarashi, Kyoto University, Japan and Taro Sekiyama, National
Institute of Informatics, Japan (NII) are investigating applications of
formal verification or programming language techniques to the
construction of secure IoT systems.

The main research topic of Igarashi’s team is centered around the design
and theory of security policy engines for ZT-IoT systems, inclucing the
design of a language to describe security policies and policy
enforcement algorithms and the techniques for verifying policy
enforcement algorithms against given security policies. Other team
members are Kohei Suenaga and Masaki Waga at Kyoto University.

The main research topic of Sekiyama’s team is centered around techniques
for monitoring and intervention for ZT-IoT systems. Other team members
include Ichiro Hasuo and Shin-ya Katsumata at NII.

Although the two teams are based in different places, we collaborate
closely with each other.

The appointment can start as early as April 2022 (the starting date is
negotiable). The contract will initially run until the end of March
2023, with the possibility of annual renewal until the end of the
project, which is March 2027 at maximum. Salary will be about
360,000–550,000 JPY/month.

Applicants should have a Ph.D in computer science or related fields, and
have a strong background in formal verification and/or programming
language theory. Due to the project’s nature, they are required to have
strong interests in applying theory to practice; they should also be
(self-)motivated, dedicated, and able to work both independently and
collaboratively. Strong communication skills in oral and written English
are required.

* Workplace

Members of Igarashi’s team will work at Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
and members of Sekiyama’s team will work at NII, Tokyo, Japan.

(Living costs in Japan are not very high nowadays. An estimate is found here
https://www.internations.org/go/moving-to-japan/living/the-cost-of-living-in-japan#:~:text=A%20single%20person%20living%20in,will%20see%20that%20number%20tripled
and we find rent can be cheaper than the cited amount.)

* Applications and inquiries

Inquiries can be sent to application-zt-iot [at] fos.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp,
with the subject CREST Job Inquiry. Feel free to ask us any questions on
relevance, topics, compensation, etc. We will reply when we see enough
relevance.

Applications should be made electronically via the following JREC-IN
Portal web sites.

NII:
https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/seek/SeekJorDetail?fn=3&ln=1&id=D122010021&ln_jor=1
Kyoto:
https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/seek/SeekJorDetail?fn=3&ln=1&id=D121122219&ln_jor=1

Please upload a pdf including

- your brief CV,
- short description of research interests (can be very informal and short),
- the list of papers (a dblp or Google scholar link will do, for example),
- a couple of representative papers (in pdf), and
- (preferably) the contact of two references.

We will contact you for further material and interview, provided that we
find sufficient relevance in your application. Starting dates are
negotiable. The positions will remain open until filled.

Many thanks,
Taro.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-14 13:05 UTC | newest]