* make problem
@ 2005-10-09 16:47 Rasool Karimi
From: Rasool Karimi @ 2005-10-09 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have created a make file and compile my program with make tool in this
way:
make
I run this command in same path that the makefile is saved. But following
error message is shown:
No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
I think that I should give makefile to make tool. I examined switches of
make tool but I could not find any appropriate switch.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks,
Karimi.

* Re: [Caml-list] make problem
@ 2005-10-09 17:07 ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2005-10-09 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Rasool Karimi wrote:
> I have created a make file and compile my program with make tool in this
> way:
> make
> I run this command in same path that the makefile is saved. But
> following error message is shown:
> No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> I think that I should give makefile to make tool. I examined switches of
> make tool but I could not find any appropriate switch.
> How can I fix this problem?

If you are using GNU make, you specify the name of the makefile like this:

  make -f <name_of_file>

But you shouldn't have to do that. By default, make will always find a
Makefile named 'Makefile' or 'makefile' (and I think there are 1 or 2
other acceptable spellings).

By the way, you will probably get better answers (to this question and
others) if you give some more information about what you are trying to
do. What platform are you working on? Do you have GNU make, or some
other implementation? What is the name of your makefile. And so on.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA