* [Caml-list] Preview: B-tree library
@ 2017-03-16 13:35 Tom Ridge
From: Tom Ridge @ 2017-03-16 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, mirageos-devel

Dear All,

This may be of interest for people thinking about on-disk storage etc.

https://github.com/tomjridge/tjr_btree/

It is not really in state to release, hence the "preview".

It is the core library in the upcoming "ImpFS" filesystem which (with
SibylFS) comes from the "Future filesystems" project.

Thanks

* Re: [Caml-list] Preview: B-tree library
@ 2017-03-16 13:53 ` Hendrik Boom
       [not found]   ` <CABooLwMadKLZ4PZmtXh0p0cOwCLAVwKOJ-oQYueQbqjDKAA0kg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Hendrik Boom @ 2017-03-16 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 01:35:26PM +0000, Tom Ridge wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This may be of interest for people thinking about on-disk storage etc.
>
> https://github.com/tomjridge/tjr_btree/
>
> It is not really in state to release, hence the "preview".
>
> It is the core library in the upcoming "ImpFS" filesystem which (with
> SibylFS) comes from the "Future filesystems" project.

The intereseting point about this syste is in the README:

tjr_btree is a B-tree library. The core is written in Isabelle/HOL and exported to
OCaml

Does this mean something like that the code has been generated from a ormal proof
of its correctness?

-- hendrik

@ 2017-03-16 13:55 ` Frédéric Bour
From: Frédéric Bour @ 2017-03-16 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Ridge, caml-list, mirageos-devel

Hi Tom,

Thanks for sharing this project, this looks promising. It seems this is
a proven library?

Do you have links to this "Future filesystems" project? (and maybe the
other names you mentioned).

Cheers,
Fred

@ 2017-03-16 14:03   ` Tom Ridge
From: Tom Ridge @ 2017-03-16 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frédéric Bour; +Cc: caml-list, mirageos-devel

At the moment, there is only the SibylFS website:

https://sibylfs.github.io/

And the EPSRC grant description:

http://gow.epsrc.ac.uk/NGBOViewGrant.aspx?GrantRef=EP/K022741/1

But when things are further down the line, I will put together a website
for ImpFS.

Thanks

@ 2017-03-16 14:06     ` Tom Ridge
From: Tom Ridge @ 2017-03-16 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

@ 2017-03-16 17:47   ` Julian Parsert
From: Julian Parsert @ 2017-03-16 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Or does anyone know where the core in Isabelle/HOL can be found?