This is where I think I enjoy the test driven design that I've followed over the past few years (I guess the agile folks have taken it as their own). I don't use any development tools for any language (java or Ocaml) and depend on the compiler. (I also take refactoring to mean that you're changing the design of a piece of software that's resident behind a module or class interface.) I then start refactoring making sure that I'm running the tests at almost every compile to make sure that I didn't break something. I do everything from clean compiles (Ocaml's compiler is nice and fast) so that the compiler will tell me everywhere that a function is used. This has worked for me but I will also say that I pay very strong attention to module interdependencies (Large Scale C++ Software Design by John Lakos makes some great arguments that directly apply to Ocaml as well) so I'm able to track my dependencies pretty easily. Good luck On 12/13/06, Mattias Waldau wrote: > > I have a large ocaml program and I need to make major changes. > > After using C# with ReSharper in Visual Studio I am bit spoiled :-) > Having a reliable "Find Usage" feature in the browser is really useful > when you start tearing apart a program. It is really nice to be able to > go to the definition of a function directly, and find all locations it > is used. > > However, when I go back to Ocamlm, Emacs and Otags and -dtypes doesn't > give a lot of help except the types. > > For example Emacs "Find-tag" on Std.left, which find the following > functions: > > left, margin_left,...... > > Do anyone know about better ways of doing this? > > -- Mattias > > _______________________________________________ > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management: > http://yquem.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/caml-list > Archives: http://caml.inria.fr > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >