* Polymorphic variant to string?
@ 2005-11-16 18:44 Chris Campbell
From: Chris Campbell @ 2005-11-16 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Is there a general method for converting polymorphic variants to
strings?  The method using camlp4 assumes the source is compiled with
it, which is not the case.  Basically I want to print a list of
variants if a unit tests fail, so we can see exactly the contents of
the list at that point.

The polymorphic variant type resides in a library and is used by a
module in my program.  I need to check the values returned match which
is easy, except when the code tested is erroneous and I want to see
what's going on.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

Cheers,
Chris