From: Jake Donham <jake@donham.org>
To: OCaml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: Obj.magic and existential types.
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:02:58 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Daniel
Bünzli<daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch> wrote:
> Does that mean the only values froc knows how to garbage collect are those
> values that are dynamically created in an update cycle and not used further
> ? (because that's rather contrived IMHO)

Everything in froc happens on a "timeline". When you bind a changeable
value, there's a chunk of the timeline that corresponds to the dynamic
scope of the bind function. When the value changes, that chunk is
removed, which unregisters any dependencies created in the course of
evaluating the bind function.

So it is true that dependencies created outside a bind are not
removed; but you can always fix this by wrapping everything in a
top-level bind (as in the code I posted).

Best regards,

Jake