* [Camlp4] Beta-release
@ 2006-05-15 11:41 Nicolas Pouillard
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2006-05-15 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

The last four months, I have been working on the Camlp4 renovation
with Michel Mauny.

We are glad to announce the beta-release of a new version of Camlp4,
that contains a lot of major changes.

*** This version is not backward compatible. Use it at your own risk.***

Major changes are described at:
http://gallium.inria.fr/~pouillar/camlp4-changes.html

This release comes as a full OCaml package, that includes the new
version of Camlp4.
It is available at:
http://gallium.inria.fr/~pouillar/ocaml-3.10+dev6-and-camlp4-beta-r23518.tar.bz2

The build and installation process is the OCaml one (./configure &&
make world && ...). Be careful with `make install': it could damage
your current installation of OCaml and Camlp4, you can use --prefix
at configure to avoid it.

Since my internship ends on June, the 30th, we advise you to update
your extensions soon and take advantage of this period asking
questions and report bugs. This will ensure a smooth transition to a
future official release of OCaml including this version of Camlp4.

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard