* ocamlbuild: caching and -dtypes
@ 2007-05-01 22:23 ` Josh Berdine
From: Josh Berdine @ 2007-05-01 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I've been trying out ocamlbuild, very cool indeed, thanks!

But I wonder, am I the only one who is experiencing ocamlbuild caching fewer
generated files than I would expect?  I haven't had time to investigate
fully, but when building native code I see something like only two thirds of
the files being cached from one successful build to the next when no sources
are modified.

Also, has anyone trained tuareg to look for .annot files in the build
directory, or else taught ocamlbuild to put the .annot files back?

Cheers,  Josh

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild: caching and -dtypes
@ 2007-05-02  7:21   ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-05-02  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Berdine; +Cc: caml-list

On 5/2/07, Josh Berdine <berdine@dcs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
Hello,

> I've been trying out ocamlbuild, very cool indeed, thanks!

:)

> But I wonder, am I the only one who is experiencing ocamlbuild caching fewer
> generated files than I would expect?  I haven't had time to investigate
> fully, but when building native code I see something like only two thirds of
> the files being cached from one successful build to the next when no sources
> are modified.

When no source is modified the second run shouldn't trigger any
command. In my tests I use the -nothing-should-be-rebuilt option to
ensure it. If you find a counter example of reasonably sized I'll dig
a little to see what's wrong.

> Also, has anyone trained tuareg to look for .annot files in the build
> directory, or else taught ocamlbuild to put the .annot files back?

That's a known issue, the tuareg mode will be upgraded soon.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard