* [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May OCAML Helps?
@ 2005-02-14 11:19 Ilias Lazaridis
From: Ilias Lazaridis @ 2005-02-14 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

"
A cooperation between Sun Microsystems and IBM&Co. in conjunction with
liberal & high evolutive communities would result in an nearly
unbeatable programming platform.

My evaluation has shown: this is a non achievable goal, as stubborness
and egoism rules - instead of reason and cooperation.

Thus I leave all those ridiculous folks behind, which will continue to
do an excellent job in keeping the very promising JAVA platform far
below the technological level it could be
"

-

"
Of course It's a sad day.

Censorship (NetBeans, Eclipse) has forced me to move.

No platform is _really_ open, thus I cannot build on them:

http://lazaridis.com/core/project/open.html
"

-

"I'm sure there is one community out there which will realize immediatly
the benefits of an high-evolutive system. "

-

source: [messages within thread]

[JAVA] [EVALUATION] - The Java Failure (Sorry: The Java(tm) Failure)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/...

-
-
-

During the 6 months evaluation i've extracted several constructs.

"How it should be to become high evolutive"

-

I don't know OCAML.

Basicly I would like to do everything in C++.

But development must go quicker.

-

Possibly it's time to structure OCAML projects in a way similar to
Sun's Java, NetBeans and especially IBM&Co's Eclipse (but of course more
efficient and evolutive):

http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/project/index.html

www.osgi.org and similar standards should (whenever possible) be used.

Companies in the Embedded World should be intrested in an OCAML osgi
implementation.

[Note: i've not verified technical and legal applicability]

-

osgi is just a detail.

The goal would be: to make a high competitive andhigh evolutive
programming platform / Rich Client Platform based on OCAML.

-

My question is essentially:

How many of those constructs are already supported by OCAML (and the
surrounding open-source-projects):

http://lazaridis.com/case/stack/index.html

-

Please notify the people within the relevant OCAML communities about
this thread.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

* Re: [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May OCAML Helps?
@ 2005-02-14 21:54 ` Ilias Lazaridis
From: Ilias Lazaridis @ 2005-02-14 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

You can answer within usenet, too, within this thread:

[OCAML] [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May OCAML Helps?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.functional/msg/63ee3fffe7e692eb

thank you for your attention.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

* Re: [Caml-list] [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May OCAML Helps?
@ 2005-02-14 22:24 ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2005-02-14 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

This is some sort of weird troll ...

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=%22Ilias+Lazaridis%22+%22The+Java+Failure%22&qt_s=Search+Groups

I'm not quite sure _what_ he's on, but it's obviously strong stuff.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.

* Re: [Caml-list] [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May OCAML Helps?
@ 2005-02-14 23:19   ` Paul Snively
From: Paul Snively @ 2005-02-14 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml-list