* [Caml-list] Embedding information in / retrieving information from compiled interfaces
@ 2016-05-18 12:29 Christoph Höger
From: Christoph Höger @ 2016-05-18 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear all,

I am currently creating some OCaml modules which are enhanced by an
attribute that is required for users to use them (think of some linkage
information). That way I can reuse the OCaml toolchain for obtaining and
parsing said attribute from OCaml source files. However, the goal is to
use the ocaml (i.e. findlib) ecosystem to find these modules and
attributes _after_ compilation and installation. So what I'd need was an
attribute that remains in the .cmi file and a way to obtain the
(attributed) interface from this .cmi file again.

Is there currently any way to achieve this?

regards,

Christoph
--
Christoph Höger

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen

Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890
E-Mail: christoph.hoeger@tu-berlin.de

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-18 12:29 UTC | newest]