Hi We have plans to make use of Jane Street's bin_prot-based RPC libraries for some future projects, but one requirement is that we must interoperate with clients written in other languages, namely PHP. So I've been working on these 3 projects to make this possible: * libbin_prot [1] is a C port of (most of) bin_prot, with added support for RPC clients. This was written to avoid having to implement bin_prot multiple times in other languages - one can just write bindings to the C library. * php-bin_prot [2] is a PHP extension binding libbin_prot. It supports both PHP 5 and 7. * ppx_bin_prot_interop [3] is a PPX rewriter that generates PHP code from OCaml type definitions. It's written in a way that it should be easy enough to add support for other languages, as it builds a sort-of-AST that just has to be converted to strings in the proper language syntax. It's a bit hackish but gets the job done. The repository includes an example with an OCaml RPC server and a PHP client. ppx_bin_prot_interop is not on OPAM yet because I'm relying on the latest jbuilder version that is only available on Jane Street's repository [4] as of now. You should still be able to use it via "opam pin" if you want to give it a try. [1] https://github.com/andrenth/libbin_prot [2] https://github.com/andrenth/php-bin_prot [3] https://github.com/andrenth/ppx_bin_prot_interop [4] opam repo add janestreet https://github.com/janestreet/opam-repository.git Now that OCaml can talk to PHP, world domination should not be too far. Cheers, Andre