From: "circ ular" <circularfunc@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Ocaml, a practical functional language?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:50:30 +0200	[thread overview]

I have tried a lot of languages but never really felt 100% satisfied.
I really like Python, it makes me very productive but Iwant something
a little more functionally oriented plus a static(optionally declared)
typesystem.

I tried Haskell and I really like it but I find it hard to get used to
some things(like no destructive updates of datastructures outside the
IO Monad).
Ocaml seems a little bit more practical and it is aslo very fast(well
haskell is too).

tried lisp at first but libraries and documentation just werent up to
standards there either.

so far Pytho is the best Ive found (for me) but still isn't satisfied.

could ocaml be what I look for?

i tried installing emacs-mode for ocaml but have problems. anyone done
that on windows and can post how?