From: SF Markus Elfring <elfring@users.sourceforge.net>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] Support for symbolic links by compilers for OCaml?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:22:17 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

I came along the following software situation during an attempt to adjust
a few build scripts for another evolving development tool.

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Bau/OCamlbuild> ocamlc.opt -for-pack Ocamlbuild_pack -w L -w R -w Z -safe-string -bin-annot -I o/bin -I +unix -c -o 'o/bin/loc.cmo' '/home/elfring/Projekte/OCaml/OCamlbuild/lokal/src/loc.ml'; ls -l x/bin/loc.cmi o/bin/loc.cmi
File "/home/elfring/Projekte/OCaml/OCamlbuild/lokal/src/loc.ml", line 1:
Error: Could not find the .cmi file for interface
       /home/elfring/Projekte/OCaml/OCamlbuild/lokal/src/loc.mli.
lrwxrwxrwx 1 elfring users  13 14. Jul 21:29 o/bin/loc.cmi -> x/bin/loc.cmi
-rw-r--r-- 1 elfring users 820 14. Jul 20:07 x/bin/loc.cmi

I wonder why the provided symbolic link is not taken into account for this
compilation try.

It seems that the following command variant succeeds with the addition of
an include parameter.

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Bau/OCamlbuild> ocamlc.opt -for-pack Ocamlbuild_pack -w L -w R -w Z -safe-string -bin-annot -I o/bin -I x/bin -I +unix -c -o 'o/bin/loc.cmo' '/home/elfring/Projekte/OCaml/OCamlbuild/lokal/src/loc.ml'

I would appreciate a corresponding clarification and further advice.

Regards,
Markus