* [ANN] ocaml-fileutils v0.4.0
@ 2009-09-10  0:54 Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2009-09-10  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Ocaml fileutils is aimed to be a platform independent library to perform
operation on file like:
- mv
- cp
- rm
- mkdir
- touch
- which...

Comes also with a module to manipulate abstract filename:
- classification
- make_relative: made a filename relative to another
- make_absolute

This new release simplify module structure (nested modules are not
required anymore) and comes with a more clear documentation. It also
removes parser/lexer for path which was little bit overkilling. Some
operations have been optimized for speed (like find) -- coming close in
term of performance to standard POSIX commands.

Link:
http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/ocaml-fileutils.html

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ocaml-fileutils v0.4.0
@ 2009-09-10 14:49 ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2009-09-10 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Le Gall; +Cc: caml-list

Is there any plan to incorporate this into Batteries?

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@ocamlcore.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ocaml fileutils is aimed to be a platform independent library to perform
> operation on file like:
> - mv
> - cp
> - rm
> - mkdir
> - touch
> - which...
>
> Comes also with a module to manipulate abstract filename:
> - classification
> - make_relative: made a filename relative to another
> - make_absolute
>
> This new release simplify module structure (nested modules are not
> required anymore) and comes with a more clear documentation. It also
> removes parser/lexer for path which was little bit overkilling. Some
> operations have been optimized for speed (like find) -- coming close in
> term of performance to standard POSIX commands.
>
> Link:
> http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/ocaml-fileutils.html
>
> Regards
> Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [ANN] ocaml-fileutils v0.4.0
@ 2009-09-10 14:57   ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2009-09-10 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 10-09-2009, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> --===============1437740801==
>
> --001485f7c26402b52b04733a4fde
>
> Is there any plan to incorporate this into Batteries?

We have talked about it, with David Teller, some months ago. I will ask
him if he want it inside Batteries and if this is the case, I will do
anything require to make its work easier.

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@ocamlcore.org>wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Ocaml fileutils is aimed to be a platform independent library to perform
>> operation on file like:
>> - mv
>> - cp
>> - rm
>> - mkdir
>> - touch
>> - which...
>>
>> Comes also with a module to manipulate abstract filename:
>> - classification
>> - make_relative: made a filename relative to another
>> - make_absolute
>>
>> This new release simplify module structure (nested modules are not
>> required anymore) and comes with a more clear documentation. It also
>> removes parser/lexer for path which was little bit overkilling. Some
>> operations have been optimized for speed (like find) -- coming close in
>> term of performance to standard POSIX commands.
>>
>> Link:
>> http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/ocaml-fileutils.html
>>
>> Regards
>> Sylvain Le Gall

> --001485f7c26402b52b04733a4fde

> Hello,<br>
> Ocaml fileutils is aimed to be a platform independent library to perform<br>
> operation on file like:<br>
> - mv<br>
> - cp<br>
> - rm<br>
> - mkdir<br>
> - touch<br>
> - which...<br>
> Comes also with a module to manipulate abstract filename:<br>
> - classification<br>
> - make_relative: made a filename relative to another<br>
> - make_absolute<br>
> This new release simplify module structure (nested modules are not<br>
> required anymore) and comes with a more clear documentation. It also<br>
> removes parser/lexer for path which was little bit overkilling. Some<br>
> operations have been optimized for speed (like find) -- coming close in<br>
> term of performance to standard POSIX commands.<br>
> Link:<br>
> Regards<br>
> Sylvain Le Gall<br>
>
> --001485f7c26402b52b04733a4fde--