Yotam Barnoy a écrit (le 10/07/2016 à 16:47) : > […] I've found gitter to be ideal for this, much more so than IRC > (which has a high barrier-of-entry). what is so complicated about using the web interface to IRC [1] ? what about the barrier‐of‐entry to that gitter? i’ve never heard of it before and i’m not sure what’s so new there (apart from the built‐in persistence), but as i understood, it is a github service so it would require a github account (and to accept to be publicly linked to that github account, and to rely on proprietary solutions, etc·), whereas IRC requires nothing. > I'll enquire on IRC (just connecting requires me using an annoying > service like IRCCloud, which shows the problem -- I can't even post > the question and get a notification about a response.) at least the web interface mentionned above does notify you, and even plays a sound iirc. if you are not served within the hour and want to stay 24 hours a day to finally see your answer, then structured forums are better fit to your use than messy instant messaging anyway. -- Glen Mével [1]: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#ocaml p·s·: > b. there are tools to scrape gitter history in existence, making the > fact that they're proprietary fairly irrelevant. the point about proprietary systems is not a mere matter of retrieving history…