From: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>
To: Markus Rudy <webmaster@burgerdev.de>, caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml for cloud-native apps
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:07:19 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Markus,

I am not sure that I understand what you are referring to. Kubernetes
(and the underlying Docker) is just a method for distributing code to
Linux. As OCaml compiles natively to Linux, it is a perfect fit from
that perspective.

For sure you can write servers in OCaml (though in direct comparison
with Go it only shines when you really can exploit its language features
- there are downsides like missing multicore capability - for that
reason we are currently developing a server in Go where some (complex)
functionality is handed off to OCaml and linked via FFI). Whether there
is some special language feature primarily useful in cloud environments?
I don't know, I guess this depends heavily on the application area.

Gerd

Gerd Stolpmann, Darmstadt, Germany    gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de
My OCaml site:          http://www.camlcity.org