From: "Francois Rouaix" <francois.rouaix@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Co-existing with non OCaml threads
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:29:14 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm contemplating writing an OCaml interface for a C++ middleware library
that my company develops and uses internally. Typically this middleware will
start an event loop on a thread in the background, leaving the application
responsible for its own threads (and potentially using none and having its
own code running entirely on events within the eventloop thread).
How's this likely to be compatible with OCaml use of native threads (this is
on Linux by the way)?
The manual section for interfacing with C isn't mentionning threads
anywhere.
Should Caml code be restricted to run on threads it has created? Or can it
run on any threads?
How can I synchronize between a thread running C++ code and a thread running
OCaml code (i.e. both communicating on a message queue)?
Thanks for any suggestions.
--f