* [Caml-list] [ANN] Official OCaml bindings for verified Everest cryptography
@ 2020-05-14 15:00 Jonathan Protzenko
From: Jonathan Protzenko @ 2020-05-14 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

The Everest team is pleased to announce the release of official OCaml
bindings for all of our verified cryptographic algorithms, now available
through OPAM as packages hacl-star and hacl-star-raw.

We provide bindings for the following:
- HACL*, a library of pure C algorithms
- Vale, a collection of optimized core assembly routines for maximum
performance
- EverCrypt, an agile, multiplexing API with CPU auto-detection that
brings together HACL* and Vale.

Our code is compiled from the F* programming language to C via the
KReMLin compiler ("K&R meets ML"). We offer two OPAM packages:
- hacl-star-raw consists of low-level ocaml-ctypes bindings generated by
KReMLin
- hacl-star is a hand-written OCaml idiomatic API that uses much more
pleasant signatures, types and abstractions and is also safer, as it
checks all static preconditions at run-time

We support AES{128,256}-GCM, Chacha20-Poly1305, Curve25519 / Ed25519,
P256, MD5, SHA-{1,2,3} (all variants), Blake2 (s&b), HMAC/HKDF, and the
HPKE and SecretBox high-level APIs. Some algorithms are optimized for
Intel chips, notably AES-GCM -- see
https://hacl-star.github.io/Supported.html for full details.

General documentation about the project is available at
https://hacl-star.github.io/index.html -- sample code for the OCaml API
is provided as part of the test suite
https://github.com/project-everest/hacl-star/tree/master/bindings/ocaml/tests

This work was performed by Victor Dumitrescu from Nomadic Labs, one of
the teams responsible for the core development of the Tezos blockchain.

Happy hacking,

Jonathan, on behalf of the Everest Team

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-14 15:00 UTC | newest]