* Camlp4 question
@ 2009-06-14  0:25 Jacques Le Normand
From: Jacques Le Normand @ 2009-06-14  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list caml-list

Hello list,
how does one define type parameter syntax with camlp4?
right now I'm using:

  test:
    [[
       "mytype" ; options = OPT parameters  ; ident = a_LIDENT; "=" ; ctyp
-> (ident,atoms)
     ]];

  parameters:
    [
      ["(";params = comma_type_parameter;")" -> params]

    [tp = type_parameter -> tp ]];

Is this the right way to do it or has parameters already been defined
elsewhere?

--Jacques L.

* camlp4 question
@ 2005-11-30  9:29 Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2005-11-30  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I would like to produce an abbreviated command for

camlp4 mylexer.cmo mypa_o.cmo pa_extend.cmo q_MLast.cmo pr_dump.cmo\
  pa_bindlib.cmo

I tried to mimic the compilation of camlp4o:

ocamlc -I +camlp4 odyl.cma camlp4.cma mylexer.cmo mypa_o.cmo\
 pa_bindlib.cmo pr_dump.cmo odyl.cmo -o camlp4bo

But when I try to use ocamlp4bo, it produces no output ...

What am I doing wrong ?

* Camlp4 question
@ 2005-10-28 19:44 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2005-10-28 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I had occasion today to look through the pa_r.ml, and noticed the
following (line 329 in OCaml 3.08.4):

  | "object"; cspo = OPT class_self_patt; cf = class_structure; "end" ->
      (* <:expr< object $opt:cspo$ $list:cf$ end >> *)
      MLast.ExObj loc cspo cf ]

So a quotation expander was created for objects as ordinary expressions,
but evidently there was something wrong with it. Anyone know what the
problem was?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA

* Re: camlp4 question
@ 2005-09-08  8:16 ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2005-09-08  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Raffalli; +Cc: caml-list

Yet another question ....

I was assuming you oculd ask the type of an expression in camlp4 to do
an induction over it (the type) ....

I do not see that in the manual !

(you can only construct trees with camlp4, but you cannot match them ?)

* camlp4 question
@ 2005-09-08  8:02 Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2005-09-08  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am writing a tool to facilitate the use of callback of camlfunction
from C. I have a first prototype running for lablGlut, but I want to
make it nicer using camlp4 (this extension should produce automatically
the C wrapper for each callback, the user will only have to compile the
produced C file).

The pb is that I need to retrieve information given in one module from
another. The minimum I need to do is to search for the path given to
ocamlc (the -I options) from camlp4 code, but I would prefer a better
way, and I do not know how to retrive this PATH anyway.

Here is an example to illustrate what I need (the type 'a callback is a
type to a C wrapper for a function of type 'a) :

-- file glut.ml, part of the lablGlut library --

let visibility_state_of_int = function
     0 ->  NOT_VISIBLE
   | 1 -> VISIBLE
   | _ -> raise (BadEnum "visibility_state")

REGISTER_CONVERSION visibility_state_of_int

external visibilityFunc :
   cb:(state:visibility_state_t->unit) callback->unit
    = "ml_glutVisibilityFunc"

-- file test.ml an example using lablGlut --

open Glut

let state_changed ~state =
   match value with
     NOT_VISIBLE -> printf "window not visible."; print_newline()
   | VISIBLE -> printf "window not visible."; print_newline()

MAKE_WRAPPER state_changed state_changed_cb
(* here I need to search for the convertion for the type
visibility_state_of_int which was defined in glut.ml to make the
C wrapper state_changed_cb : (visibility_state_of_int -> unit) callback *)

let _ = Glut.visibilityFunc state_changed_cb

Can someone help ?