Thanks for all of your quick responses. Gettext seems a bit more complex than what I want. It would be better to have a simple function to implement the plural and singular conversion like the one in Ruby on Rails. Like Inflection.plural "some_word" Inflection.singular "some_word" Inflection module defines the conversion roles. http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/HTML/Plurals.html May be I should have a try with perl4caml + Lingua-En-Inflect, but Lingua only does conversion from singular to plural, how to do the opposite conversion (plural to singular) Thanks. Conglun On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Richard Jones wrote: > On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:02:36AM +0100, Conglun Yao wrote: > > I'm wondering is there any library in OCaml performing word inflection > > between singular and plural, like Lingua-EN-Inflect in perl. Or someone > is > > already doing the work? > > You should be able to call the perl module directly using > perl4caml. > > Rich. > > -- > Richard Jones > Red Hat >