* CVS-release309 production-ready?
@ 2006-03-22 18:24 Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2006-03-22 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocaml

I'd like to know whether the current CVS-release of OCaml with tag
release309, which contains two recent bug fixes that are important to us
(I/O and signals related), is considered safe by INRIA for production use.
The patches for the two bug fixes seem correct to me, but there are a couple
of other changes (e.g. in code generation, etc.) about which I don't know
much about.  Are these other patches still going to see more testing before
official release?

 If not, we could as well use the current state of CVS rather than having to
extract the two mentioned patches, especially if most of the other patches
were mostly bug fixes, too.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        markus.mottl@gmail.com

* Re: [Caml-list] CVS-release309 production-ready?
@ 2006-03-23 16:33 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2006-03-23 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Mottl; +Cc: ocaml

 > I'd like to know whether the current CVS-release of OCaml with tag
 > release309, which contains two recent bug fixes that are important to us
 > (I/O and signals related), is considered safe by INRIA for production
 > use.  The patches for the two bug fixes seem correct to me, but there
 > are a couple of other changes (e.g. in code generation, etc.) about
 > which I don't know much about.  Are these other patches still going to
 > see more testing before official release?

We got no negative feedback about the recent changes in the 3.09 branch.
We will do some more testing before the 3.09.2 release, which will
probably take place in April.  But I'm reasonably confident that the
current CVS 3.09 branch is usable.

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: [Caml-list] CVS-release309 production-ready?
@ 2006-03-23 18:32   ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2006-03-23 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Leroy; +Cc: ocaml