From: "Markus Mottl" <markus.mottl@gmail.com>
To: "Dr. Axel Poigné" <axel.poigne@iais.fraunhofer.de>
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Looking for references to usage of ocaml in data mining, knowleadge discovery, etc
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:06:01 -0400	[thread overview]

On 10/19/06, Dr. Axel Poigné <axel.poigne@iais.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> I look for references to usage of ocaml in Data Mining, Knowleadge
> Discovery. Inductive Logic Programming, Vector support Machines and
> related topics. I have browsed the net but entries are sparse.
>
> I would like to try using Ocaml in these areas and want to avoid
> double work.

You may have already found AIFAD (Automated Induction of Functions over
Algebraic Datatypes), a symbolic machine learning program, which generalizes
induction of decision trees to structured values, and is pretty efficient
even on large amounts of data.  You can find the sources and documentation
here:

  http://www.ocaml.info/aifad

It's also available as a Godi-package, which makes it easier to install,
because it depends on other libraries.

We use Lacaml, a fairly complete and convenient binding to BLAS/LAPACK, here
at Jane Street Capital for implementing numeric algorithms to analyse very
substantial amounts of financial data.  I unfortunately cannot give you
details about this work.  You can get Lacaml through Godi or download it
here:

  http://www.ocaml.info/home/ocaml_sources.html#LACAML

Best regards,
Markus