* Knuth-Morris-Pratt
@ 2007-07-26 13:03 Jean-Christophe Filliatre
From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre @ 2007-07-26 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

As a byproduct of the  last ICFP programming contest, I'm releasing an
implementation of Knuth-Morris-Pratt string searching algorithm that I
wrote years ago. You can find it here, in my ocaml bazar:

  http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/software.en.html

Just in case it may be useful, as it finally happened to be for myself.

--
Jean-Christophe, a Caml Rider

* Re: [Caml-list] Knuth-Morris-Pratt
@ 2007-07-26 14:27 ` Christopher L Conway
From: Christopher L Conway @ 2007-07-26 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe Filliatre; +Cc: caml-list

Hmm. My KMP implementation turned out to be a real bottleneck in my
ICFP code; I suspected I should have chosen Boyer-Moore (not knowing
anything about the constant factors of each, just stabbing in the
dark)... Maybe it was the average-case O(log n) "get" in my "rope"
implementation...

Chris

@ 2007-07-26 15:17 ` Markus E.L.
From: Markus E.L. @ 2007-07-26 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> As a byproduct of the  last ICFP programming contest, I'm releasing an
> implementation of Knuth-Morris-Pratt string searching algorithm that I
> wrote years ago. You can find it here, in my ocaml bazar:
>
>   http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/software.en.html
>
> Just in case it may be useful, as it finally happened to be for myself.

Nice + Thanks.

BTW: Many sources at your site aren't carrying any license/copyright
notice (kmp at least doesn't). If I understand european copyright law
right that means it defaults to look only, don't use, don't
distribute. Was that really your intention?

* Re: [Caml-list] Knuth-Morris-Pratt
@ 2007-07-27  0:19   ` Alain Frisch
From: Alain Frisch @ 2007-07-27  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Christopher L Conway wrote:
> Hmm. My KMP implementation turned out to be a real bottleneck in my
> ICFP code; I suspected I should have chosen Boyer-Moore (not knowing
> anything about the constant factors of each, just stabbing in the
> dark)... Maybe it was the average-case O(log n) "get" in my "rope"
> implementation...

Boyer-Moore is more useful with a large alphabet. With only 4
characters, I don't think it would have helped you a lot for the contest
(I might be wrong).

-- Alain